Taking a screenshot is easy nowadays on mobile as well as on a computer.
In mobile, you can only take screenshots of full screen and after that, you can edit or crop.
But in computers, there are many ways to take a screenshot of a screen whether it’s a full-screen shortcut or a half screen of an active window. Also in the computer, you can take and use the screenshot in an active program without saving it.
Shortcut Keys Combination to take screenshots in Windows 10:-
In windows 10 PrtScn Key takes the whole screen’s copy to a clipboard, in other words, you can take a screenshot of the full screen in windows 10 with the PrtScn key.
But also in windows 10 have some combination of keys to take screenshots in other ways, like full screen & active window. Below is the list of Shortcut Keys Combination of “PrtScn” for taking a screenshot & the result of shortcut key.
Also Check:- How to Increase Performance In Windows 10 Computer.
Windows features several PrtScn variations:
1. Press PrtScn:- This copies the entire screen to the clipboard. You can paste the screenshot into any program that displays images, like Paint or Microsoft Word.
2. Press Alt + PrtScn:- This copies the active window to the clipboard, which you can paste into another program.
3. Press the Windows key + Shift + S:- The screen will dim and the mouse pointer will change. You can drag to select a portion of the screen to capture. The screenshot will be copied to the clipboard, which you can paste into another program. (This shortcut only works if you have the latest version of Windows 10 installed, called the Windows 10 Creators Update.)
4. Press the Windows key + PrtScn:- This saves the entire screen as an image file. You can find it in the “Pictures” folder, in a subfolder called “Screenshots.”
Other options to take screenshots in windows 10:-
After using shortcut keys to take a screenshot in windows 10, now it’s time to show you the other additional features or programs of windows 10 to take the same action.
How Can i Take Screenshots with snipping tool in windows 10?
Windows 10 has a flexible program to take screenshots then you can edit it and save it is called Snipping Tool. Snipping Tool comes with windows versions 7,8,10.
Steps To Take Screenshots With Snipping Tool In Windows 10:-
- You can use Snipping Tool to grab a screenshot and save it as an image file without first pasting the screenshot into another program.
- 1. Start the Snipping Tool from the Start menu.
- 2. In the “Mode” drop-down, choose the kind of screenshot shape you want – you can choose anything from full screen to rectangular to a free-form shape.
- You can choose the kind of screenshot that Snipping Tool takes with the program’s menus.
- 3. Click New, and your screen will freeze. You can then use the mouse to create the screenshot. The screenshot will then appear in the Snipping Tool window.
- 4. If you want to include something like a tooltip, which only appears after a mouse movement, you can specify how long to wait before taking the screenshot using the Delay menu.
- 5. If you want to, once you’ve taken your screenshot, you can use the drawing tools to annotate the screenshot.
- 6. When you’re done, click “File” and then click “Save As” to save the completed screenshot to your computer.
- 7. You can also click the copy button in the Snipping Tool window – it looks like two pages laid over one another – to copy the image to your clipboard.
Take Screenshots with game bar in windows 10:-
Windows 10 have an another screenshot features, “Game Bar” is an overlay to take screenshots and record screen as video while playing games in windows 10. You can open the “Game Bar” program by pressing “Windows + G“.
Functions and Steps to take Screenshots With Game Bar In Windows 10:-
1. Open Game Bar by searching in Start Menu or open Game bar By Pressing “Windows + G”.
2. Start a game from the Start menu or the Xbox Console Companion program.
3. While playing the game, press the Windows key + G. The Game Bar overlay should appear.
4. Click the camera icon to take a screenshot, or you can use the keyboard shortcut: Windows key + Alt + PrtScn.
The screenshot will be automatically saved to the “Videos” folder in a subfolder called “Captures.”
If you’re playing a game on Steam, you can also press F11 to take a screenshot. It will be added to your screenshots folder on Steam.
You May Like Related To This:-
- Master Keyboard Shortcut Keys | Photoshop | MS Office | File Explorer.
- List Of Shortcut Keys In Photoshop.