If you’ve forgotten your Windows 7 administrator password and want to access your really important data, this tutorial is for you. Forgetting the account password is very common and you don’t need to panic, there are many ways to reset forgotten password for windows, the one I will show you guys is using a bootable Windows 7 USB and try to access system32 files. So let’s get started.
Reset Here Forgotten Windows 7 Password
The Windows 7 login password is incorrect
- BOOT MENU
- Turn off your computer.
- Plugin the Windows 7 bootable USB.
- Go to the boot menu by pressing the F12 key (Lenovo laptop).
- Select USB in the boot menu list and press the Enter key (you can also use the Windows 7 DVD).
Lenovo boot menu
- The Windows installation process begins, click “Next”.
Windows 7 click Next
- Click on “Repair your computer”.
- Windows 7 Repair your computer
Repair your computer
- Under System Recovery Options select “Restore your computer using a previously created system image”.
- Click “Next”.
Restore Your Computer – System Image
- A pop-up menu will appear, click “Cancel”.
Undo Re-image Windows 7
- Click “Cancel” again.
- Cancel the backup of the Windows 7 system image
- Command Prompt Under System Recovery Options select “Command Prompt”.
System recovery options
Type the following command in CMD:
- C: (press the Enter key).
- WINDOWS CD (press the Enter key).
- SYSTEM32 CD (press the Enter key).
REN SETHC.EXE SETHC.EXE.BAK
- (press the Enter key).
- COPY CMD.EXE SETHC.EXE (press the Enter key).
Now close the Windows Prompt command by simply clicking on the cross sign at the top right.
Command Prompt Sethc.exe cmd.exe
- Click “Restart”.
- Restart the Windows 7 password reset in cmd
The Windows 7 login screen will appear after reboot.
- Then press SHIFT KEY on the keyboard five (5) times.
Windows CMD will appear.
Press the SHIFT key 5 times
- Type the following command in your CMD.
- USERNAME USERNAME NEW PASSWORD . eg. “Apple Store” network
- Press the Enter key
- The message “The command completed successfully” will be displayed.
Also, note that instead of “username” you need to correct the login name as mine is “Infotech APB”. If you don’t have space in your login name, don’t use double quotes around your username. Password is your new password, it could be anything you want as if you use “12345”.
Close the Command Prompt menu.
- Type in your new password, e.g. My password is 12345.
- Press the Enter key.
- Net username password
Successful mission. My administrator account is now accessible and my data is safe.
Log into Windows 7 successfully after resetting the password
Also, Check Related To This:
- Useful Command Prompt Cool Easy Tips And Tricks.
- Offline Windows Computer Tips Tricks.
- Useful and Cool Computer Tips Tricks.